Security

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster

Posted Oct 21, 2014 06:45 AM

I've just been testing load balancing eap auths over our clearpass cluster via an F5 load balancer  and although it does seem to work ( from the point of view that I've had a successful EAP authentication ) I still have to trawl round live monitoring/Access Tracker on each of the clearpass cluster servers to find a specific auth request from a given user, which is a bit of a pain.

Is there a way of having the master server showing all the live access tracker stiuff from all the servers ( then again, with F5 healthchecks in there there'll be a lot of crud you;d have to wade through so I guess that's not a great idea) ? 

Do I have to use insight to create a report  to search for a user and take it from there?

Rgds

A

• 2.  RE: Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 07:51 AM
    At the top of the access tracker window, click the Edit button on the right and then select the cluster name under Select Server (6.3+).

Also, what vendor are you using for wireless? Starting in AOS 6.4, Aruba controllers can RADIUS load balance without an external device.

• 3.  RE: Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2014 08:59 AM

Magic! just what I want.

We're running ArubaOS 6.3.1.10 on our production service but do happen to have 6.4 on another service. So 6.4 will load balance EAP transactions? That would be cool!

Rgds

Alex

• 4.  RE: Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 12:18 PM

Correct! You'll see a Load Balancing check box in the server-group configuration.

• 5.  RE: Centralised Access Tracker for clearpass cluster

Posted Oct 21, 2014 12:31 PM

Sadly it'll be a while before we upgrade to 6.4 due to the number of AP65's we've got but I'll certainly give it a try when we do.