Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

Certificate authority migration / Onboard

Hello, 

Soon we plan to migrate our publisher in another instance. 

We would like to know how can we migrate certificate authority to another instance. 

Thank you for your help

Maxence

Accepted Solutions
MVP Guru

Re: Certificate authority migration / Onboard

I believe that you can either, in a cluster, promote one of your subscribers to be the publisher, or create a backup and restore that on your new publisher.

From the past I remember that the Onboard CA will come over in both scenarios. If you need to be absolutely sure, you can either test in lab or verify with Aruba Support.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

All Replies
MVP Guru

I believe that you can either, in a cluster, promote one of your subscribers to be the publisher, or create a backup and restore that on your new publisher.

From the past I remember that the Onboard CA will come over in both scenarios. If you need to be absolutely sure, you can either test in lab or verify with Aruba Support.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Clearpass auto backup files will includes Certificates detials as well, we can download file from Administration » Server Manager » Local Shared Folders  location.

Before you migrate publisher to new instance, you can promote one of subscriber to publisher and restore auto backup file on newly installed server.

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: