Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

Posted Jul 26, 2017 06:31 AM

On CPPM 6.6.5, I try to import RADIUS/HTTPS certificate, but get this error:

Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

I have tried using several certificates that previously imported without problem and also tried on different CPPMs without any luck:-(

The certificates are generated from a .pfx file using openssl-Win32 1.1.0f and as mentioned, they have previously been imported successfully on other CPPMs (earlier versions).

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 06:32 AM

If it worked on previous CPPMs, you should open a TAC case in parallel to this.

• 3.  RE: Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 26, 2017 12:05 PM

Thanks Colin for your reply!

So I opened a TAC case and it seems there is a bug in 6.6.x that prevents import of certificates. The engineer told me she had to import the certificate into 6.5 then export it from there to get it working., and the development team was working on a fix.

Just FYI :-)

• 4.  RE: Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 12:06 PM

The bug is only present in 6.6.5.

• 5.  RE: Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

Posted Aug 24, 2017 02:14 PM

@cappalli wrote:

The bug is only present in 6.6.5.

Hi Tim,

I'm having the same exact problem with 6.6.4 currently. Compared my private key vs .crt modulus and everything and it should work. Any bug ID or reference for this ?

Guess i'll contact TAC !

Thanks,

• 6.  RE: Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

Posted Aug 24, 2017 02:43 PM
    6.6.7 fixed it for me

• 7.  RE: Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

Posted Aug 24, 2017 02:49 PM

Thanks for the info, guess i'll update sooner than I thought :)

• 8.  RE: Certificate file is not valid. Either the certificate signature is tampered or file is corrupted.

Posted Dec 10, 2018 01:59 AM

hi All

I also have the same problem, my clearpass version is 6.5.6 the notice also certificate not valid, should i raise to TAC or is there any other solution?

Thank You