Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificate update: Unable to connect to captive portal

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Certificate update: Unable to connect to captive portal

Posted Sep 27, 2019 08:51 AM

Recently my CP Server Certificate was about to expire, after wich I renew it with a new PositiveSSL certificate.

For some reason, this certificate is not automatically accepted on the guest network, when using security level "Internal - Acknowledged" or "Internal - Authenticated".

Only after manually accepting the certificate in the device (iPhone or MACOS) the devices are able to authenticate.

How should a certificate be prepared, to be able to properly work for a captive-portal?

• 2.  RE: Certificate update: Unable to connect to captive portal
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 10:33 PM

generally when you create your CSR to be signed by the CA and upload it, you'll get a server cert and the full certificate chain of the CA.Then you combine it with your private keys and upload it to Instant.

Did you upload teh new cert with  the full  trust chain ?

• 3.  RE: Certificate update: Unable to connect to captive portal

Posted Oct 25, 2019 10:06 AM

After I indeed created a file with the full chain, with key, certificate and CA, the certificate was working correctly.

Would be nice to have clear information in the documentation about what the different options in the certificate upload screen are, as there is a CA option available in there too. It was not expected by me that in the Captive Portal server upload the full chain was expected in the file...

• 4.  RE: Certificate update: Unable to connect to captive portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 05:40 PM

i agree we should imporve the user guide section on certs.