Security

Contributor I

Chose service based on page in GuestPortal

Hi

I have a custommer that have a request that involved i need to know from witch page in the guest portel the request is made, thereby select a service in Clearpass and do the stuff.

I have a "landing page" where i link to diffrent pages and the selfregistration portal.

The custommer do not want to require fully quilified names. så my ide was if there is any way to send info from the page to the backedd to help select the service.

Thanks for your time.

Erik L.

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Chose service based on page in GuestPortal

Hi Erik

You will find that information in the attribute GuestUser:source, but this is a computed attribute thus I don't think you can use it for service filtering. The information is collected from the Guest or Insight database by ClearPass.

Maybe you can look into the attribute Aruba-Location-ID that contains the AP name or Aruba-AP-Group. But it depends on the customer needs and your current configuration and naming standards if you can use these attributes.

Best Regards
Jonas Hammarbäck | Aranya AB
Network Architect, ACMA, ACMP, ACCP
Highlighted
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.

Location is not possible due to that this SSID is all over.

I will look into the Guestuser:source to identify my location in the guest pages.

Regards Erik L.

Frequent Contributor I

Hi Erik

Can you describe in more detail what the customer would like to achive and how the SSID is implemented today? Do you have controller or Instand based access points?

The landing page you have today, how does this work?

Best Regards
Jonas Hammarbäck | Aranya AB
Network Architect, ACMA, ACMP, ACCP
Contributor I

Thanks for helping 

The issue i have is the following:

I use the normal guestpage for "normal guests" works perfect. But in Denmark there is a national solution called "NemID" 2 factor used at banks etc. 

This is also popular as guest for sone danish "local" solution integrating via a local server. 

I use this, having a link to this server, due that it must be done via a special app. on a website. In the redirect i transfer the macaddress etc. 

The server do API call back to Clearpass and create a guest user, upon verified OK

Redirect the user and then login via params. in the redirect.

My goal is to se that this is a redirected "NemID" user and have a service dealing with this, not a regular Guest.

Hopes this clerify 

Regards Erik Loeth

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: