Security

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Chrome browser won't authenticate with Guest web auth

Has anyone experienced a problem when using Chrome to authenticate to Clearpass for Guest WIFI the user is redirected to the web login clearpass they type in the credentials the browser is redirected to the NAD FQDN which is a controller using a public cert, but the controller does not change to the authenticate role? They are left in the pre-auth role keep getting re-directed to the log in page. Checking access tracker there is no deny or accept in there it’s like it passed though the service never hit it. The strange thing is the problem only happening on windows 10 and the chrome browser. If I use edge, IE, Firefox on the same win 10 box it works. IOS, and android devices also work

I have seen problems with Chrome before popping up an empty page after post authentication normally those users are in the authenticated roll, they only need to open a new browser tab or window they are on.  I'm not seeing anything in access tracker like service isn’t being hit I would think the problem would happen on all browsers not just one if it was configuration issues.  I will open a case with TAC Monday wanted to see if any had this problem with Chrome before or recently seen same problems.

Highlighted
MVP

Re: Chrome browser won't authenticate with Guest web auth

Have always worked on ChromeOS and never seen any issue.

TAC case will help. Check your version of Chrome and if latest, download a little older version to see if that changes anything by any chance.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Re: Chrome browser won't authenticate with Guest web auth

It is the Latest version of Chrome

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: