Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Cleanup Clearpass unused services

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Cleanup Clearpass unused services

Posted Jun 17, 2014 09:54 PM

Have been looking at Clearpass controller and note that after setup by vendor there are a lot of services and authentication sources that seems to be left over from out of the box setup (in addition to the custom ones we have created). Is it safe or indeed necessary to clean up any of these? Will it affect performance at all?

Mainly interetsted in the services for things like guest access, Mac authentication, onboarding etc that are all running but not used.

• 2.  RE: Cleanup Clearpass unused services

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 17, 2014 09:58 PM
    I would disable them and wait a few days before deleting them.

There are many authorization services that might not seem llike they're doing anything.

Also, you shouldn't delete anything in brackets.

• 3.  RE: Cleanup Clearpass unused services

Posted Jun 18, 2014 03:35 AM
    Hi Craig. I would start by reviewing access tracker to see which are used. Then I would hit the 'green' dot next to the service, turn it red for a while, see who calls the service desk, and maybe a few weeks later, delete if no issues

• 4.  RE: Cleanup Clearpass unused services

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 08:55 AM
    If the services are disabled. (Red dot next to the service) it will not impact performance. In my lab I have over a hundred services but only 22 are active.