Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-SW-EVAL conversion & its deployment

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-SW-EVAL conversion & its deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 09:00 PM

Hi,

I'm new with Aruba ClearPass and need some suggestions:

1. I have a testing environment using ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-SW-EVAL VM and now our customer want to use it as production with ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-VA-5K license. Can we convert ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-SW-EVAL VM into a ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-VA-5K? Since the CPU, disk space & RAM requirement is different. 

2. What is pros & cons by having ClearPass installed on Data Center while all the APs are in remote building. Or it is recommeded to install ClearPass inside the building only?

Thanks,

Niko

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-SW-EVAL conversion & its deployment
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 08, 2016 01:20 AM

Hello,

So you can use the cli command "morph" to migrate from a EVAL to a 5K. Note in 6.5 this is a one off operation to go from a EVAL to a 5K VM.

Note that you will have to provision disk/cpu/ram to match the 5K VM specification or you will be running UNSUPPORTED.

Regard where you deploy CPPM, I'd ask you where is the auth-source that CPPM will talk to.... if its AD and that's in the DC then position CPPM as close to the auth-source as possible.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.5.0 CP-SW-EVAL conversion & its deployment

Posted Apr 27, 2017 02:00 PM

Note: When you're prompted to add a second drive for the CP-SW-EVAL installation, do so. Please update the quick reference installation guide to include this information. Thank you.