Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Clearpass 6.6.5 VM picking up random IP Addresses

Thanks, will try that
Highlighted

Hi Tim, Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are having issues as we use the 172.17.x.x/24 range and so every time there is a reload, the docker0 picks another address which is already in use, then if that system reloads, it goes down as CPPM takes the address.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Ian,

Community link which you shared is for Airwave, stopping extension service will fix docker issue in CPPM, if it does then need to make changes in CLI which need awsupport credentials.

Regards,

Pavan

Pavan Arshewar | ACCP

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted

@PAVAN wrote:

Hi,

Login to CLI as appadmin user and stop the service

# service status all  (List all the services)

# service stop cpass-extensions

Regards,

Pavan

Thanks. I tried this and it didn't work. It said the service had stopped, however when I restarted the CPPM, the Docker0 was still showing an increased ip address

Highlighted

So I can get an absolutely and clear understanding, beyond the fact when you reboot CPPM it will restart the Extension service, 'What is the actual issue and how is it affecting you and your ability to run/use-ClearPass?"

Best Regards
-d

ClearPass Product Manager

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Highlighted

Hi Danny,
The issue is that the range that clearpass is using for the docker0 address is used by other servers. Whenever it decides to increase, it takes an ip that is already in use and when that system restarts after updates, it is no longer connected to the network because clearpass has taken its address. It's not affecting us being able to use clearpass other than we then have to keep restarting it for the addresses to increase past another servers address, but we can't keep doing this.
I hope this helps explain it

Regards, jo
Highlighted

Jo, Thanks for the explanation. Without going into and huge explanation this is something we will be fixing in a future release. 

I'm still not sure how it's effecting other systems as that IP address range is used internally and is NATed out of the MGMT interface when CPPM communicates with external systems.

For now and based upon the fact that ClearPass is not being started/stopped very regularly your solution will be to stop the Extension service if you have to re-start ClearPass. This will remove the 172.17.x.x IP-address range from CPPM.

Best Regards
-d

ClearPass Product Manager

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Danny

Kind regards
Jo
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: