Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 02, 2017 11:00 AM

If you try to deploy ClearPass 6.6(.0) on VMware vSphere 6.5, you can get the following error message when deploy : -109.5:VALUE_ILLEGAL: Duplicate Key "cpuHotAddEnabled"

It is easy to fix ! (waiting a new release of OVF...)

edit the CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.6.0.81015-ESX-CP-VA.ovf with notepad

and search line (end of file):

<vmw:Config ovf:required="false" vmw:key="cpuHotAddEnabled" vmw:value="false"/>

And if you look

<vmw:Config ovf:required="false" vmw:key="cpuHotRemoveEnabled" vmw:value="false"/>
          <vmw:Config ovf:required="false" vmw:key="firmware" vmw:value="bios"/>
          <vmw:Config ovf:required="false" vmw:key="memoryHotAddEnabled" vmw:value="false"/>
          <vmw:Config ovf:required="false" vmw:key="tools.syncTimeWithHost" vmw:value="false"/>

there is this line twice :

Remove the first and save and redeploy ! and it work :-D

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2017 11:02 AM
    Just as an FYI, ESXi 6.5 is not officially supported yet.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 02, 2017 11:05 AM

@cappalli wrote:
    Just as an FYI, ESXi 6.5 is not officially supported yet.

Yes, i known... but not always choice !

• 4.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

Posted Jan 19, 2017 11:13 PM

Hi Tim,

I made the edit to the OVF file that you outlined above. However, I am getting a different error when trying to deploy the OVF. When I am on step 6 of 6 the install wizard shows "a required disk image was missing". After I hit finish, I get the error "Failed to deploy VM: postNFCData failed."

I did select both the .OVF and .VMDK file when I chose to deploy a new OVF...

Few screen shots attached. Any thoughts?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 03:07 AM

@snyer wrote:

Hi Tim,

I made the edit to the OVF file that you outlined above. However, I am getting a different error when trying to deploy the OVF. When I am on step 6 of 6 the install wizard shows "a required disk image was missing". After I hit finish, I get the error "Failed to deploy VM: postNFCData failed."

I did select both the .OVF and .VMDK file when I chose to deploy a new OVF...

Few screen shots attached. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi,

You need only to select the OVF file (and select Deploy OVF)

And like tim say, it is not yet supported for the moment...

• 6.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

Posted Jan 20, 2017 11:22 AM
      |   view attached

If you don't select a VMDK file with the OVF you can not contiue. Screen shot attached.

I realize it's not supported, but this thread was created to address issues with CPPM 6.6.0 / ESX 6.5 deployement. So any insight would be appreciated.

Also note this deployement is using vSphere, not vCenter.

Thanks

• 7.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

Posted Jan 20, 2017 08:47 PM

I ended up installing vCenter for 6.5 and was able to provision the 6.6.0 OVF from there. I was not able to provison the OVF directly from vSphere though however much i manipulated/converted the OVF using ovftool.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 06:37 AM

@snyer wrote:

I ended up installing vCenter for 6.5 and was able to provision the 6.6.0 OVF from there. I was not able to provison the OVF directly from vSphere though however much i manipulated/converted the OVF using ovftool.

Ok strange...

• 9.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 23, 2017 01:16 PM

It is possible that the VM was exported with ovftool using the --compress argument, so the Host Client is unable to deploy them because the ESXi host expects the uncompressed disk images to be uploaded. Unfortunately, there seems to be no good way to un-gzip those disk images using the web browser at the moment.

So I had to use the ovftool to deploy on my ESXi and I was able to delpoy it successfully.

To use the ovftool for deployment, download the latest version 4.2 from the VMware suppport site. The OVFtool can run on linux, mac or windows OS. Once installed you can use

/Applications/"VMware OVF Tool"/ovftool -ds=datastore3 -n=ClearPass ~/Documents/ClearPass/Images/CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL-ovf/CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL.ovf vi://192.168.1.10

-ds --> datastore name

-n --> Name of the VM

/Applications/"VMware OVF Tool"/ovftool --> Ovftool path in mac. Will be different on linux and windows

~/Documents/ClearPass/Images/CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL-ovf/CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL.ovf  ---> Path for the Clearpass image that you want to deploy

vi://192.168.1.10 ---> My esxi server

you can usel "ovftool --help" to checkout other paramters that you can pass with the ovftool

• 10.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:25 AM

• 11.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:32 AM

Yes ! Thanks !

But there is always the issue when deploying the OVF (it is always the same file...)

• 12.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

Posted Feb 27, 2017 08:10 PM
      |   view attached

Hello! I'm having the same issue with CPPM 6.6.0 in ESXI 6.5 (screenshot attached), I know the 6.6.4 version in theory support ESXI 6.5, I said in theory because as far I know the 6.6.4 is a cumulative patch , so it has to be installed over a succesful installation of the 6.6.0 version :S

is this correct?

Does anyone know how to install 6.6.0 using ESXI 6.5 without using vcenter?

greetings from Guatemala, Central America ;)

***UPDATE!!*** I managed to install correctly the CPPM 6.6.0 to a ESXI 6.5 host using the vsphere client for windows version 6.0.0 build 3562874, just using the normal OVF template deployment.

• 13.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

Posted Jul 01, 2018 02:19 AM

How I find this cppm-vm-x86_64-6.6.0.81015-ESX-CP-VA

• 14.  RE: ClearPass 6.6 and VMware vSphere 6.5 : Duplicate Key cpuHotAddEnabled

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 02, 2018 04:31 AM