Security

Valued Contributor I

Re: ClearPass 6.7 Releases

So what are you using clearpass for in your institution? There are a lot of changes in 6.7 that make rolling out "stuff other than just sending back an Access-Accept"  a lot easier and feature rich. Just depends on your usage

Also there are a batch of security fixes in there.

Also don't forget the change in license model so you don;t have to buy more VMs to increase a cluster license count, but of you're only running a 500 then guess that doesn't matter.

Really does depend on what you're using it for. 

I know you're supposed to use 1TB thick provisoned ... you're only really using 50% of that as the disk has 2 partitions.

Just checked with our systems people,  We started out using thin provisioned .. was a plan to thick provision it but apparently didn;t quite happen. On NetApps using NFS datastore there (possibly) isn't a thick provisioning option.

A

Hello All,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of ClearPass 6.7.6 !  In addition to bug fixes, this release also includes several new features that our Engineering and QA team have worked tirelessly to include:

Display IPv6 Address in RADIUS Accounting

• Adding the ability to display a list of the Framed-IPv6-Addresses in the Network Details section of an Access-Tracker session.

Improved the performance for quicker LDAP lookups

• For customer with large AD and deep nested groups, this feature speeds up the performance of LDAP queries lookups.

In OnGuard, we’ve introduce a new option to exclude certain drives from disk encryption checks when All Drives is selected.

• Allows recovery drives on different macOS releases to be excluded easily.

As always, please take note of the ‘Changes of Behaviors’ section of the release notes (https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.7.6/Default.htm).

The update images have been posted to the support site (Aruba Support site) and the software updates portal.

A big thanks and congratulations to the ClearPass Engineering and QA teams for reaching this milestone & to the TechPubs team for their work on the Release Notes and manuals!

Best regards,

The ClearPass Team

Best Regards
-d

ClearPass Product Manager

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

Hello All,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of ClearPass 6.7.7!  In addition to bug fixes, this release also includes several new features that our Engineering and QA team have worked tirelessly to include:

• Improved license activations to address a number of customer complaints
  • OnGuard enhancements
    • Allows the Anti-Virus DAT file format to be specified when posture includes minimum versions of actual files checked. Example dd-mm-yy rev xx or yyy-mmm-dd.
    • Ability to disable bouncing a macOS VPN interface after waking to improve compatibility with certain VPN clients

Special Note:  Although not related to 6.7.7, this release announcement will also serve as notification that KVM Hypervisor support is fully restored. Upgrades are available immediately.  The install image will be posted shortly.  For optimum performance a minimum version of CentOS 7.5 is required. 

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is now the minimum supported version for Onboard

As always, please take note of the ‘Changes of Behaviors’ section of the release notes (https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.7.7/Default.htm).

The update images have been posted to the support site (Aruba Support site) and the software updates portal.  Posting to MNP and ASP will complete shortly.

A big thanks and congratulations to the ClearPass Engineering and QA teams for reaching this milestone & to the TechPubs team for their work on the Release Notes and manuals!

Best regards,

The ClearPass Team

Occasional Contributor II

The Release Notes are no longer available as PDF?

The RN for patches 0-5 all contain a link that purports to offer a PDF version, but all it does is take the browser back to the same folder that has only the HTML version.

I find it easier to use the PDF version - is there any possibility that it could be provided for (at least) 6.7 patch 7?

Guru Elite

The user guides and release notes are only available in HTML format.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: