Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

Posted Oct 28, 2018 10:53 PM

Hi all,

I'm planning to setup a new CPPM subscriber. As far as I know, when joining a subscriber to a cluster, it will use the license pool available on the publisher. So I believe the only thing that I need for this setup is to buy a Platform license and activate it on the new subscriber. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2018 10:56 PM
    Correct

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

Posted Dec 31, 2018 12:47 PM

Hi Tim

I have a question, if I have 2 "Aruba ClearPass C2000" with 1 "Aruba ClearPass NL AC 2500 CE E-LTU", 1 "Aruba ClearPass NL OB 100 USR E-LTU", and 1 "Aruba ClearPass NL OG 100 EP E-LTU installed" on the CLUSTER, which are currently in 1 + 1 mode. Will the OnBoard and OnGuard licenses be lost if any of the 2 appliances goes down?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

Posted Aug 25, 2019 05:11 AM

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread. But because my question is closely related to it, I think it's better to put it here.

My situation is this: I have a new standalone CPPM (say cppm03) with  platform license only, and an existing cluster (which comprises of cppm01 & cppm02) that has application licenses. Due to moving requirements, I'd like to break that cluster, and join cppm01 & cppm02 to cppm03 instead. That means I now have a new cluster with cppm03 as the publisher, and cppm01 & cppm02 as the subscribers.

Will the application licenses automatically transfer from the previous publisher (cppm01) to the new publisher (cppm03) in this case? Or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks in advance.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2019 05:16 AM

There is no need to break the cluster. Join the New CPPM to the cluster and then Promote it to publisher. You can promote it either CLI or in the gui. 

• 6.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

Posted Aug 25, 2019 05:38 AM

Thank you for your quick reply, Tarnold.

Should I need to go to the console and do the promotion for added safety? And I believe the licenses will be automatically shared across the cluster after the promotion, correct? Do I also need to reactivate the licenses?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 licenses for cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2019 05:42 AM

I typically do the promotion from the CLI but not a requirement. I have done it both ways with no issues. 

Yes lic will be shared. No need to reactivate if you promote within the cluster.