Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 802.1x authentication with AD

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 802.1x authentication with AD

Posted Aug 03, 2015 12:07 AM

Hi all,

We're using CPPM v6.3.   I tried to configure AD as authentication source for 802.1x while the CPPM doesn't join AD domain.     Test failed with authentication failed (no matter which ever method is used, EAP-TTLS, EAP-PEAP, etc.)

Found in CPPM User Guide that

"You can join CPPM to an Active Directory (AD) domain to authenticate users and computers that are members of an Active Directory domain. Joining CPPM to an Active Directory domain creates a computer account for the CPPM node in the AD database. Users can then authenticate into the network using 802.1X and EAP methods, such as PEAPMSCHAPv2, with their own their own AD credentials."

I wonder if it's a must for CPPM to join AD domain for authentication against AD.

Would anyone please help?

Thanks and regards

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 802.1x authentication with AD
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2015 02:29 PM

No - you need to join CPPM to your domain.  Have you done so and does it work?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 802.1x authentication with AD

Posted Aug 04, 2015 06:24 AM

It works.  Thanks a lot. :)

Btw, just curious if the underlying OS of CPPM is a Windows or Linux based, and the version.  

Where can I find such information?

Thanks and rgds

/ST Wong

• 4.  RE: ClearPass 802.1x authentication with AD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2015 06:31 AM
    Linux

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: ClearPass 802.1x authentication with AD

Posted Aug 04, 2015 06:52 AM

Got it.  Thanks a lot.