Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass AV/AS software update

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  ClearPass AV/AS software update

Posted Oct 11, 2017 08:48 AM

Hi everyone!!!

After the worldwide problem suffered today with the automatic update of the AV/AS which has stoped the Policy Manager till Aruba has released a fix using the same way, is there any way to stop receiving updates but going on having the choice to download new versions?

I have been asked to be able to download newer versions but deny the updates from the Posture & Profile Data Updates...

Have been checking all the features but none has been found.

Thx in advanced!!! :)

JoseMi

• 2.  RE: ClearPass AV/AS software update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 08:51 AM
    Remove the subscription ID. When you want to do an update/upgrade, add it back and check for updates.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass AV/AS software update

Posted Oct 13, 2017 08:09 AM

It does not ensure that CPPM will not download and install newer versions of the Posture & Profile Data Updates as it does it by itself every hour when I fill with the ID again.

I have received a notification from Aruba this morning early where we can read this:

"Can we prevent this in the future by blocking any automatic push to our environment?

Ans.        By default, all ClearPass appliances will download Posture & Profile Data Updates automatically.  At this time, there is no configurable option to selectively opt-out of these downloads.  We are investigating what options we may provide to customer so they have this ability to selectively opt-in or opt-out."

So, we have only two ways to isolate the CPPM AV/AS updates from Internet, whether to remove the subscription ID (as you said) or (in my case) the proxy configuration. Using one of these methods will prevent CPPM from install a wrong version but keep in mind that also the Firmware and Patch Updates part will not reach the Internet.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass AV/AS software update

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2017 11:16 AM
    You can download software updates offline and import them without adding the subscription ID back.