Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

ClearPass Access License

Hi experts

If I have a laptop with the OnGuard client connected to a WiFi network, and after 2 hours I connect the network cable. How many Acces licenses do you consume? I understand that you only use 1 OnGuard license, but it is not clear to me in Access what you mean when you say "Endpoint" "Access licenses are consumed based upon concurrent authenticated / authorized endpoints."

Regards

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass Access License

1 access license per network session per MAC address.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply

So, in this case, in which I connect to the network through WiFi and Cable at the same time, would I consume 2 access licenses and 1 OnGuard?

Regards

Guru Elite

Yes. Why would you be connected to both at the same time?

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Tim

What happens is that there are many workers who move constantly inside the company with their laptop, for this they use the WiFi network, but when they return to their place of work, they use their network cable. And when you connect your network cable, the WiFi network is still active, so I asked the question.

Regards

Guru Elite

I would highly recommend that behavior be disabled in the BIOS (assuming Windows). Devices should never sit on two networks.

I will contact the IT manager to indicate the recommendation, thank you very much, Tim.

Regards

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: