Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Access License

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Access License

Posted Jan 22, 2019 05:51 PM

Hi experts

If I have a laptop with the OnGuard client connected to a WiFi network, and after 2 hours I connect the network cable. How many Acces licenses do you consume? I understand that you only use 1 OnGuard license, but it is not clear to me in Access what you mean when you say "Endpoint" "Access licenses are consumed based upon concurrent authenticated / authorized endpoints."

Regards

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Access License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 06:08 PM
    1 access license per network session per MAC address.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Access License

Posted Jan 22, 2019 06:15 PM

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply

So, in this case, in which I connect to the network through WiFi and Cable at the same time, would I consume 2 access licenses and 1 OnGuard?

Regards

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Access License
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 06:26 PM
    Yes. Why would you be connected to both at the same time?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Access License

Posted Jan 22, 2019 06:35 PM

Hi Tim

What happens is that there are many workers who move constantly inside the company with their laptop, for this they use the WiFi network, but when they return to their place of work, they use their network cable. And when you connect your network cable, the WiFi network is still active, so I asked the question.

Regards

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Access License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 06:57 PM
    I would highly recommend that behavior be disabled in the BIOS (assuming Windows). Devices should never sit on two networks.

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Access License

Posted Jan 22, 2019 07:03 PM

I will contact the IT manager to indicate the recommendation, thank you very much, Tim.

Regards