Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

Posted Jul 19, 2018 06:12 PM

Hello all-

I'm trying to use the Accounting Proxy feature to send information to a Fortinet Fortigate device (not FortiAuthenticator!) when I authenticate via an 802.1x wireless service and am having some trouble.

I tried to follow the CPPM TechNote - 3rd Party Enforcement Points (Fortinet) v1.1 pdf  as closely as possible.

I can't seem to get any information to actually *go* to the Fortinet. When I run a packet capture on the Fortinet inside interface, it doesn't appear to ever receive any RADIUS info from CPPM.  I did configure the accounting proxy target, I also edited an Endpoint Context Server to use the ip of the Fortigate (for both logon and logoff, though I'm not sure the example api URL is correct). 

When I connect to the wireless SSID I see all of the correct role data etc, but it doesn't appear to ever try to hit the Fortigate. Anyone have ideas? Thanks in advance!

CPPM - 6.6.0.81015

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2018 06:57 PM
    You’re running a very old release. I would start by upgrading to either 6.6.10 or 6.7.5

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

Posted Jul 27, 2018 09:15 AM

I've upgraded to 6.6.10. Same results

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

Posted Aug 14, 2018 10:05 PM

I'm in the same boat.  Running 6.7.5 and not able to see any traffic being proxied out. 

Thanks

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Accounting Proxy - No info being sent

Posted Aug 15, 2018 01:33 PM

I'll kick myself for this one, but the problem was that RADIUS accounting wasn't running on my controller. As soon as I turned that on, the appropriate traffic started flowing.