Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

Posted Nov 23, 2017 01:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I wonder if it's possible to retrieve the email adresses used in the Clearpass Captive Guest Portal login page by using a mac.

I mean, I need to retrieve a user email by using a mac adress as a search filter throught an API call.

The overall goal is to achieve some reporting by matching Clearpass and Central datas:

Ex.:

MAC                         EMAIL                            LOGIN    AP
    40:88:05:bd:333       x.client@hotmail.com    twitter      Local1

Could someone could point me out some infos ?

In my case, usernames are blank in Central... (Maybe a settings mistake)

Thank's a lot,

Simon Rousseau, M. Sc.
    President Rioh.io
    simon@rioh.io

• 2.  RE: ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2017 01:47 PM
    Are you looking for an API call to pull the data externally or you just want the email to show up as the username to show up in Central?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

Posted Nov 23, 2017 02:28 PM
    If possible, externally...

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2017 05:44 PM
    GET https://{{clearpass-fqdn}}/endpoint/mac-address/{mac_address}

• 5.  RE: ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method

Posted Nov 23, 2017 06:00 PM

Thank's for the quick follow up :) I think I will be able to do something with this if the captive web portal is on the clearpass side (I will get an update soon).

By curiosity, do you know if an endpoint like this one also exist on the Aruba Central side ?

Thank's again Tim !

• 6.  RE: ClearPass + Aruba central (APIs) : link a mac address to it's associated email and login method
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2017 09:43 PM
    Not sure, sorry.