Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

ClearPass C3000 Hardware - Need to relocate

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ClearPass C3000 Hardware - Need to relocate

MVP
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 12:00 PM

We are in the process of moving our data center to a new physical location. I have (2) CPPM C3000 hardware appliances in our data center (Publisher and Standby Publisher). We have (8) other CPPM servers across our enterprise. I need to move the standby to our DR site, while the current Publisher goes to our new data center.

In order to do so, I'm assuming I should log into the CLI of the standby and shutdown the server, so it gracefully powers off (had corruption issues in the past when power was lost abruptly). When I do the shutdown, the VIP should fail over to the publisher. This should hopefully be easy - I will need to rename the server after it's moved so I know it will need to be dropped and rejoined to the domain - but not sure about the cluster - clarification on this? 

When it comes time to move the Publisher to the new data center, I assume I should follow the same process and allow the standby to become the publisher while the move is taking place. I need to rename the publisher when it is moved also, as long as I don't have to make any cluster changes this should be fine as they communicate via IP anyway, but again need clarification on this? 

Does this all sound correct or is there an easier way to do this by chance? Any recommendations from someone who's done this before?