Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Nov 04, 2014 10:58 AM

It has been awhile since I have been under the hood in Clearpass.  I have a functioning captive portal that requires an email address or phone number.  Once entered, the user is sent a password via email or sms.  They then have to login on other page with the password.

I have been asked to remove the need to enter the password.  Is there way to automatically allow access/login after registration without the user entering the password?

-Kevin

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:10 AM

You should be able to enable this by enabling the NAS Login option under your self-registration page.

cppm-nas-login.png

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:17 AM

clembo,  I already have that enabled in the current setup.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:22 AM

When they complete registration, on the receipt page is there not a login button visible?    If not, check your receipt form to see if the field is enabled/visible.

cppm-guest-receipt-logon.png

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Nov 04, 2014 11:35 AM

The login button is there. Once clicked, it requests the password.

I would like to remove the requirement to enter the passowrd.  The user supplies an email address or phone number, agrees to the T&C and gets the reciept.  Clicking the login button gives them direct access.  

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Nov 04, 2014 12:14 PM

Try creating a new page but not a duplicate one

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Nov 04, 2014 02:24 PM

Troy, 

I have set up solution you linked to.  It works but I get a pop message stating "This form is not secure. Are you sure you want to submit it?"

Any idea?

• 9.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with auto login

Posted Dec 20, 2014 03:33 PM

is your page on http or https? might be your mixing both methods currently and your browser warns about that.