Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass DHCP Profiling

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  ClearPass DHCP Profiling

MVP
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 01:13 PM

Working with a client on profiling endpoints on their wireless network. We setup IP helpers on their router and wanted to confirm we are receiving the DHCP Discover/Request packets. We ran a packet capture on CPPM, but the only DHCP we are receiving are DHCP NAK packets, sourced from their DHCP server, destination was broadcast and they are on the same subnet, so that's why I think we ingested those. It doesn't appear we are receiving the correct DHCP information.

Is there any other ways to check besides the packet capture? I know you can also see the fingerprinting method on the endpoint, but that would be terribly challening, as this has been in production for a long time, just getting this enabled now though.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass DHCP Profiling
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 01:17 PM
    Packet capture or you can work with TAC to look at the profiler logs.

Does the router offer a relay debug?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass DHCP Profiling

MVP
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 01:21 PM

Ok, that's kind of what I figured. We are looking into ACLs on the router right now. 

We can potentially look into the logs to confirm that it is being forwarded.

Thanks.