Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Database Structure

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Database Structure

Posted Sep 17, 2018 08:05 AM

Hello,

I am trying to understand the Clearpass database structure in order to generate custom reports.

I would like to know what are the following tables endpoints and auth used for?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Database Structure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2018 04:37 AM

The Insight table auth has the information about authentications, so it is very similar to what you will see in Access Tracker (or it may even be the same).

The endpoints table in the Insight database is similar to what you see in the Identity - Endpoints section in ClearPass, so it carries profiling data and information like the last known location and IP.

I haven't seen full documentation on the Insight DB internal structure, and be aware that database structures may change over time without prior notice which is why using REST API is preferred, in general, to get to or manipulate data. For Insight reports, I think there is no alternative.

If you contact Aruba TAC, I'm pretty sure they can help you get the required data out. If you insist on investigating yourself, when you enable external database access, you can use a SQL browser to find the structure and content.