Security

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

ClearPass Device Insight Licensing?

Hi there,

I know ClearPass Device Insight is licensed per device, but what I can't figure out is how are the devices accounted for?

I can see devices going for up to 1 year and more, but active devices on the network are like 1/10 of all devices seen since ever. Also, there seems to be no way to delete devices.

So, what do I have to license? All devices seen since ever? Active devices on X period? How long is that period?

Thanks

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Re: ClearPass Device Insight Licensing?

Thanks.

But the question is about ClearPass Device Insight.

Nothing on that docs explain how to the devices are accounted with Device Insight for licensing purposes.

They just refer to ClearPass (Base;Access;Onboard;OnGuard).

Highlighted
MVP Expert

It is based on the amount of unique devices discovered on the defined subnet / network

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Thanks.

But you also miss the point.

I have devices that show on my Device Insight that only connected once, like 5 month ago.

So, as there is no way to delete them, fo I have to pay for every single device that ever was connected to my network and "profiled" by Device Insight?

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Please reach out to your Aruba sales team if you need to base your purchase decision on this point.

At this point, as there is no way to delete endpoints, there is no license enforcement done either. For now, as in indication, I'd take as a guideline the number of devices that are active in a few weeks period. Think that if you would be able to delete endpoints, and you would put it on 4 weeks of inactivity, in that case, the number of clients seen in 4 weeks would be a good guideline. As mentioned, work with your Aruba team.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: