Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Evaluation and "Entry" licensing

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Evaluation and "Entry" licensing

Posted Apr 15, 2019 11:14 AM

Hello,

We're currently running a ClearPass evaluation (Publisher VM running on ESXI) and I had a couple of questions about the new Entry licensing in 6.8.

I'm using the 100 Entry licenses for the evaluation but I'm not sure if anything is being tied to it, or if the system is recognizing the restrictions with Entry.

Per the 6.8 documentation, endpoint profiling and TACACS+ should not be available. However, but seem to be functioning just fine in my test environment so I'm wondering if this is intended?

I'm using TACACS+ to authenticate admin access, and I have some MAC Auth services built out using the endpoint profiling function to automatically assign different VLANs based on endpoint category (eg phones, printers etcs).

I like these features, and to my understanding these are Access licensed features, not Entry. I would like to be 100% sure before we pull the trigger on any licenses. Thanks! 

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Evaluation and "Entry" licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 15, 2019 11:23 AM
    If you’re in a PoC, I recommend you discuss with your Aruba account team.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Evaluation and "Entry" licensing

Posted Apr 15, 2019 11:44 AM

Certainly will do that, thank you.