Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:36 PM

I am wondering if anyone has any documentation for integrating ClearPass with Microsoft SCSM.  I see the info for Intune and SCCM, but have not yet located anything for SCSM (System Center Service Manager).  We are looking to be able to pull device attributes from SCSM into ClearPass with API if its available?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:38 PM
    What data are you trying to pull in?

We do not have a named integration today.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

Posted Jan 11, 2019 06:09 PM

The customer would like to pull in attributes similar to the MDM integrations.  They want to use that as an Authorization source, meaning if the device exists in SCSM then we will trust it.  

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 06:11 PM
    Does it have a REST API that can be queried by MAC address?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

Posted Jan 11, 2019 06:38 PM

Let me pose that question to the customer to find out.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

Posted Jan 16, 2019 01:56 PM

The customer has stated he will have to build out the query but he believes this is possible.   On the ClearPass side, would I set this up as a Generic HTTP server under the Endpoint Context Servers?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 02:12 PM
    You’d have to use an HTTP Authentication source for authorization. Endpoint Context Servers are for outbound actions.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Exchange with Microsoft SCSM

Posted Jan 18, 2019 11:59 AM

Thanks so much for the info Tim,  if the customer and I are not able to figure out the correct SQL query on the HTTP authentication source, is that something that the TAC case assist with?