Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

MVP
    Posted Nov 09, 2015 11:54 AM

Hello all,

Working with a customer right now and we are designing the Guest Operator Login using the Custom Skin 1 plugin. I have everything on the page centered, except the actual Login box. I've tried following the custom HTML guides and cannot seem to get this to work. Anybody have a working code I could copy in? 

Here is the current settings we have:

Image-001-[2015-11-09].png

Image-002-[2015-11-09].png

and here is the current page:

Image-003-[2015-11-09].png

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2015 11:58 AM

Have you considered using Galleria instead? Everything is natively centered in that skin. You can remove the pictures and put a white background.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

MVP
    Posted Nov 09, 2015 12:02 PM

The only problem I've had with Galleria is that in some instances, Internet Explorer for instance, it does not display properly. I think with a default white/black scheme it would probably look ok though.

I can give that a try, but I will need to make changes to a few locations.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

Posted Dec 01, 2015 07:48 AM

Hi,

Any news on the ugly webportal IE shows when using Galleria? Got the same issue here (customer is running IE11).

Cheers!

Dante

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

MVP
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 08:56 AM

I've had the same problems with IE in other scenarios as well. Considering Microsoft scrapped it now, I would say it's just an IE / plugin issues.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

Posted Feb 18, 2016 04:04 AM

Hi Tim,

Galleria skin is nice but is there a way for example to "move" the centre box (Top Middle) to for example bottom right and change the layout/size of the box i.e. make it longer in width and smaller in height?

There's not much info on this and although the rest of the skin is customizeable, these small changes don't seem to be.

Is there also a way to change the size of the background? Once you import a file (Regardless of size i.e. 1024 x 768) into public file, it gets displayed the same way i.e. won't resize with original file size so I assume there's a predefined size within the skin that need to be changed accordingly?

I am attaching two files. One is current display on skin and 2nd is the changes I would like to make. (Also need to move the login box from top middle to bottom right)

Regards

Leroy

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 04:13 AM
    Most here are security and wireless experts. That is why we built some basic skins into CPPM and the option for HTML experts to completely customize the pages. There is a skinning service that is offered or partners that do custom skinning if the basics don't fit your needs.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2016 03:20 AM

Tim how to increase the width of the central display area in the Galleria Skin.

@cappalli wrote:

Have you considered using Galleria instead? Everything is natively centered in that skin. You can remove the pictures and put a white background.

• 9.  RE: ClearPass Guest Custom Skin - Center Login Page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2016 06:44 AM

dk.singh,

Do you have a screenshot of the area you are talking about?