Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 10:30 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am trying to setup a service to identifiy particular users from AD with certian memberOf group to be able to manage the guest access portal (add/remove accounts. current sessions etc.).  Problem I'm having is that even failed the "FAILED" login status are able to login and manage the portal.

I'm sure I have something not configured properly and was wondering if someone could post any suggestions.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 10:39 AM
    Can you post the service policy you have configured? Which Operator role are you setting in Clearpass Guest? Have you adjusted the Operator profile accordingly?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Here is the CFG of the service I am using with enforce policy and role.  If you need more info, I can get it =D

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 11:12 AM

Two things at first glance;

1. You aren't utilising the Role Mapping in your enforcement so it is not needed in this scenario.

2. Try using the FQDN of the AD group membership in your enforcement profile. E.g. CN=group,DC=company,DC=com.

What is strange however is that your users are still being allowed access when a reject is being applied?!? Can you post a screenshot of the "Summary" tab for the failed attempt?

On the Guest side, you should have a translation under your Operator settings that should match admin_privileges = LobbyAdmin and set the correct profile.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 11:32 AM

Hi,

Here is the screen shots.

1.PNG

2.PNG

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 11:36 AM
    Updating the enforcement profile group name with the FQDN of the group should fix the role mapping and enforcement statements

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 11:42 AM

Where do I update the group name?  Sorry I'm still new with clearpass.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2014 12:12 PM

Update your Enforcement Policy ENFORCE_AGU - Guest Operator Logins, then update the rule Authorization:SOURCE_AD_AGRIUM:memberOf to EQUALS the FQDN of the group name in AD, e.g. CN=groupname,DC=company,D=com.

You can find this if you look under the Input tab on your failed attempt, and check the memberOf section under the RADIUS attributes.

• 9.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.

Posted May 12, 2014 12:46 PM

Ok,

This has seem to help.  I can now adjust the Profiles within the guest portal \ Administration \ Profiles and change access accordingly.

The problem though is that access tracker says its rejected and applies the default deny policy (yet it still lets me login and manage accounts).

WebAuthService Applied Reject profile

• 10.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2014 03:05 PM

I've just tested this in version 6.3.1.62009 and the default [Deny Application Access Profile] does correctly reject the login attempt and prevent access to Clearpass Guest.

Which version are you using?

• 11.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Lobby Admin not being identified but allowing administration of accounts.
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2014 09:01 AM

One thing I wanted to point out to people who may read this thread and what I found out. The guest portal "Operator Logins" section is its own enitiy in itself meaning you do not even need a valid service from policy manager to login to the guest portal and manage accounts.  You can pass a enforcement value over to the guest portal to translate to a privilege level (but its not manditory).

thanks all for the help.