Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest SMS Carrier

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest SMS Carrier

Posted Jul 18, 2016 08:23 AM

hi all,

I try to configure a guest self registration page with a auto send SMS service. The SMS will be send via a customSMTP to SMS gateway.

The problem is, that the mobile number which is entered is cut but the system (clearpass) so that the leading "0" or "+" is missing in the send out request. I can see that on the SMS gate which is unable to send out the SMS.

I tried a couple of things like creating a custom carrier service with setting an country code etc. unfortunately without an success. The leading "0" or "+" will be cut off. It looks like that the option I choose in the carrier template will not be used.

To make things clearer:

this is a number how it should look like: 015112345678

what it acutally looks like: 15112345678

Right now I'm using CPPM 6.6.0.81015

thanks in advance

p.s.: it looks like another (german) had the same problems a while ago:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/ClearPass-Guest-SMTP-to-SMS-delivery-problems/td-p/71500

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest SMS Carrier

Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:27 PM

Can you verify what your CPGuest > Config > SMS Services > Gateways > (edit yours) > Mobile Number Settings looks like?

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 1.25.47 PM.png