Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest Self Registration and Sponsorship, multiple sponsor email addresses

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest Self Registration and Sponsorship, multiple sponsor email addresses

Posted Aug 24, 2017 07:10 PM

We have ClearPass configured for Guest Self Registration requiring sponsorship approval in the form of an email address sent to the sponsor (as populated by the guest user in the self-registration form)

We would also like the sponsorship email to be cc’d to a fixed email address also e.g. reception@12345.com

Have been unable to work out how this can be done.  Any advice great appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest Self Registration and Sponsorship, multiple sponsor email addresses
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 04:25 AM

You can configure that in the Sponsorship Confirmation:

sponsorship confirmation.png

You can find this section in the 'Advanced Configuration' of your self-registration page.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest Self Registration and Sponsorship, multiple sponsor email addresses

Posted Aug 28, 2017 07:28 PM

Thanks Herman, worked a treat.  I had seen that setting but read it that the guest receipt would also be sent to this email.  Not the request for sponsorship.

Thanks

John

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest Self Registration and Sponsorship, multiple sponsor email addresses

Posted Apr 22, 2019 04:10 AM

Hi John,

I have same issue. Could you fix it?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest Self Registration and Sponsorship, multiple sponsor email addresses

Posted Apr 28, 2019 05:08 PM

Hi Ratchapas,

Just need to follow Herman's instructions as above

Send Copies:  Always send using BC

Copies To:  reception@12345.com

Cheers

John

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest Self Registration and Sponsorship, multiple sponsor email addresses

Posted Jul 12, 2019 09:18 AM

Hey! I just want to achieve the same and I set it up like Herman wrote. But it is not working as expacted.

Clearpass is sending out the email to the sponsor email address which is configured in the sponsor_email field. There is no email send (sponsoring request) out to the email address which I configured in the "cc/bcc" field.

After I click the link in the sponsoring mail which was sent out to the fixed sponsort email address I'll get an email in the inbox of the "cc/bcc" email address with the guest reciept.

Tim wrote in a post that you can achieve this by using a distribution list. But I don't know how. Can anyone give some advise how to do this!?

Thanks in advance