Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

Posted Apr 17, 2020 08:51 AM

Hello,

ClearPass 6.8.5

Hopefully short and sweet... We have a bunch of laptops that we want to register in Guest and give MPSKs. This looks doable but we have a couple of questions:

1) Can we supply our own MPSK values for each device as part of the import?

2) If not is it possible to export the MPSK values that Guest creates after import? (We will need to do this so that the laptops can be configured)

Thank you!

Guy

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

Posted Apr 17, 2020 10:07 AM
    1) Yes
    2) You can export the values

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

Posted Apr 19, 2020 09:26 AM

Thanks Victor,

Actually I should have been more explicit - we were unable to see the MPSK value when exporting (and even when viewing device details within Guest), there was a setting in Guest Configuration > Guest Manager called "Password Display", I needed to tick this. I don't recall having this problem before and we have just upgraded to 6.8.5 so I wonder if this is a new thing. Anyway, it's ok now, apart from we another issue with the SMS and email (non!)auto-send, but I'll create a new topic for that....

Guy

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 19, 2020 04:31 PM

See this early topic:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/WPA2-MPSK-import-from-XML/td-p/521162

To get passwords visible it must be enabled in the guest manager. What is needed to made passwords visible in the password field when exporting an xml.

Capture.JPG

Hope it helps

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 20, 2020 07:15 PM
      |   view attached

I create some screenshots for you how to configure MPSK (basicly) with how to export and import devices with custom passwords.

See attachment...

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

Posted Apr 21, 2020 05:55 AM

This is great, much appreciated thank you. One question - in the section where you configure MPSK on ClearPass there are 4 options for the deployment mode. You selected "Allow unique device Wi-Fi passwords", I have been choosing "Always generate unique device Wi-Fi passwords". Do you know what the difference is between those?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 21, 2020 06:14 AM

Your welcome

• "Always generate unique device Wi-Fi passwords", give any device a PSK, also when it device isnt used for wifi.
    • "Allow unique device Wi-Fi passwords" you have to select the checkbox for auto generate the PSK when creating a new device.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Guest - device import & export with MPSK

Posted Apr 21, 2020 06:24 AM

Great - thanks again