Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest: is it possible for an administrator to change the Sponsor Name of a Guest Device

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest: is it possible for an administrator to change the Sponsor Name of a Guest Device

Posted Feb 05, 2014 07:28 AM

I have run into a couple of situations where as an administrator I have had to register an AppleTV as an AirGroup Device on behalf of the owner.  Of course this means the real owner of the Apple TV is not shown as the device sponsor in ClearPass Guest.

As an administrator do I have the ability to edit the device to change this field?

Cheers

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest: is it possible for an administrator to change the Sponsor Name of a Guest Device
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2014 03:26 PM

I think  I understand what you are asking , so you don't want your name as the sponsor name listed in the device list ? correct

2014-02-05 15_21_03-Guest Manager Devices.png

2014-02-05 15_21_23-Guest Manager Devices.png

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest: is it possible for an administrator to change the Sponsor Name of a Guest Device

Posted Feb 06, 2014 08:43 AM

Thanks Victor,

That was exactly what I was looking for.