Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest user logoff within 15-30 seconds of connecting

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest user logoff within 15-30 seconds of connecting

Posted Apr 02, 2015 06:24 AM

We have a controller in the LAN with a GRE tunnel to a controller in the DMZ with an external captive portal on ClearPass Guest 6.4.2. Testing has been fine, new users create an account and can login and use the guest wirless all day long.

The issue we have encountered is when users returns and logs in again after a day or so, authentication suceeds they can browse the internet for 15-30 odd seconds before they are redirected to log back in to clearpass again. Logging in again 9 times out of 10 they connect for 15-30 seconds before being prompted for authentication again.

We've set the accounts upon creation to never expire.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

thanks

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest user logoff within 15-30 seconds of connecting

Posted Apr 02, 2015 06:58 AM
    In the form what's the expire after value set to ?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest user logoff within 15-30 seconds of connecting

Posted Apr 02, 2015 07:46 AM

The "expire_after" form is not enabled on the guest registration page, if I edit the form the inital value is 0. The "Manage Guest Accounts" confirms all accounts have "No Expiry". Any other suggestions?

thanks

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest user logoff within 15-30 seconds of connecting

Posted Apr 02, 2015 08:58 AM

I've checked the access tracker and can see that session was terminated - Post-Auth-Check:Action "Disconnect and Block Access". I'm just wondering if one of the Enforcement Profiles is doing this? I created the service from a template which created a number of EP's. I've checked each EP and cannot seem to find anything obvious to cause this issue. Any pointers?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest user logoff within 15-30 seconds of connecting

Posted Apr 02, 2015 09:05 AM

I misread your issue "We've set the accounts upon creation to never expire."

A couple of things you can check :

- Do you have any rules that allows the device to pass mac auth without seeing the Captive Portal for a certain amount of time ?

2015-04-02 08_56_50-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

- Are you guys are creating the accounts ahead of time , are you by any chance applying any bandwidth policies in which device logged off it reaches a certain amount of bandwidth ?

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest user logoff within 15-30 seconds of connecting

Posted Apr 02, 2015 11:25 AM

Also check the registration page form expire_after value which by default is set to 24 hours:

2015-04-02 11_23_55-Customize Form Field (expire_after).png