Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 09, 2016 01:42 PM

Hi,

I’m trying to setup ClearPass Guest so our users can get access to our network via a web login page. We don’t need mac caching. We want the users to be authenticated by RADIUS against our AD and our own Aruba-User-Role attribute’s value sent back to the controllers. We already do this with 802.1X and it's working as expected. We have CPPM 6.6.2 and Aruba OS 6.5.0.1.

I am struggling to accomplish this. So far the web login page is partially functional, the AD users are authenticated in CPPM but the user role defined in the enforcement profile is not sent back to the controller, there’s no error in access tracker and in event viewer but after login in we get this error in the browser: securelogin.arubanetworks.com’s server DNS address could not be found. I tried the wizard and a few step by step guides but they are only using local account and pre-defined roles. I’ve seen somewhere in a video that there were two system-defined services in ClearPass 6.0: “Guest Access – Web Login Pre-Auth” and “Guest Access”, and the latter was supposedly used to send the user role back to the controller. These two services are not available anymore, I only use one service so I guess there’s something missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 09, 2016 01:50 PM
    You need a RADIUS service using PAP (you can use the Guess Access with no mac caching wizard)

The authentication / authorization source to be AD create a role mapping based on the tips role > AD Group you need and then use those to return a user-role back to the controller.

If you are experiencing issues with authentication is possible that you need to replace the default certificate on your controller or an issue with the service in Clearpass

For the cert look at this
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Controllers/ta-p/275809

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 10, 2016 01:53 PM
    Here’s some screenshots of my configuration and also from access tracker. Maybe it's obvious what's wrong but I don't see it. Thanks

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 11, 2016 07:26 AM
    Your config looks good , did you changed the default certificate for captive portal on your controller ?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 11, 2016 08:42 AM

Yes I did. I tried to replace securelogin.arubanetworks.com by the fqdn of the new certificate on the controller but then I get this error after login in CPG: https://sds-ar7240-1.xxxxx.xxx/cgi-bin/login?errmsg=Access%20denied.

We have two controllers, the fqdn of the certificates are different, how will I manage this?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 11, 2016 08:46 AM
    You can generate a single cert for both controllers using securelogin.yourdomain.xyz

Or use a wildcard cert and in Clearpass point it to use captiveportal-login.yourdomain.xyz

Get Outlook for iOS

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 11, 2016 08:55 AM
    Please look at the link I shared on my first post

Get Outlook for iOS

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 08:55 AM

• 9.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 11, 2016 11:27 AM

I follow the steps in the doc you send me, I created a common certificate for both controllers. I named it aruba-controller.mydomain.com instead of securelogin.mydomain.com, does it matter?

After login in I get aruba-controller.mydomain.com's server DNS address could not be found.

• 10.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 11:29 AM

Did you update the CN in your web-login in CPG?

• 11.  RE: ClearPass Guest with custom user roles

Posted Oct 11, 2016 12:19 PM
      |   view attached

Yes, I did. I forgot to mention it.