Security

Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

ClearPass Hyper-v loses mgmt IP after reboot

Hi Airheads friends,

Today i focus a weird issue. I installed Clearpass 6.7.0 on Hyper-V everything works so far but after reboot the management IP is gone. I update to 6.7.7 and got the same issue.

I read some about Hyper-V issues with networkcards on the forum and first what i did is to set the hyper-v mac-adres from the default dynamic mac to static mac.

I checked the network interface and it is just a normal interface, not a legacy.

After a reboot the management interface is gone time after time.

Only thing to mension is that the customer is running Hyper-V 2019 and that is not supported in the release notes right now. But iam not sure if that is the big issue because i see some similar issue on the forum with 2012R2. Customer insists that I install it on 2019.

Who as the gold tip?

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

Accepted Solutions
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

Re: ClearPass Hyper-v loses mgmt IP after reboot

Problem is fixed by TAC support. From what i understand (i wasnt onsite) is that  they remove both nics from hyper-v create two new one and leave it on "dynamic mac". 

HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

Nobody familar with this issue?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Yeah, I've had the same issue. Mine was solved with doing the things you described. Normal (not legacy) and static mac. But if I remember correctly TAC had to do some adjustment aswell. So maybe try contacting aruba support ?

EDIT: did you follow all of these steps ? 

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.7/InstallingOnVM_6.7_TechNote/Content/InstallOnHyperV/AfterUpgradeToHyperV.htm

system refresh-network

and reboot

ACMP | ACCP
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

Problem is fixed by TAC support. From what i understand (i wasnt onsite) is that  they remove both nics from hyper-v create two new one and leave it on "dynamic mac". 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor I

Hey guys, to anybody who wants to solve this without calling TAC, we had the same issue and it was resolved by using a fixed mac-address on the Hyper-V servers (requires the server to be off to change), then issuing the system refresh-network command at CLI, which will require a reboot. Apparently this command remaps the ethernet ports to the new MAC addresses. After that no more IP loss after reboot.

-RK

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Today, I ran into the same problem with an upgrade from 6.9.0 to 6.9.2.

This bug is still present and fix is still usable!

Thanks to you, I didn't have to contact TAC.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: