Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

ClearPass Intune Extension - Authorization for Android device

We've setup Intune with NDES and an on-prem PKI to issue User Certificates to Intune enrolled devices.

This is working great for Windows10 devices, and we are using the Intune extension to check that a device is Managed, Corporate owned and compliant.

We are having an issue with Android devices registered in Intune - they are visible in Intune, and are showing as compliant etc, but for some reason the extension isn't able to find them.

The only difference between the devices in Intune that I can see is that the MAC address for Android devices is in the format AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF, whereas Windows devices are AABBCCDDEEFF.

The Filter query in the Intune HTTP auth source is as follows, but there is no 'Upper Case with Colon Delimiter' option we can use.

?macAddress=%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address-NoDelim}

Unfortunately the DEBUG logs from the extension don't shed much light ont this.

Has anyone been able to use the extension for Android devices successfully before?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Re: ClearPass Intune Extension - Authorization for Android device

Checking with Microsoft. This seems to be new behavior.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

We logged a support ticket with Microsoft, they pointed us to this article which says Android devices aren't supported with what looks like the Intune API that the ClearPass extension uses - can anyone confirm?

Capture.PNG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/protect/network-access-control-integrate

Highlighted

That should not be related to your issue. We're still awaiting a response from Intune enngineering.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi there 

Do you have the MS ticket number, I could try and escalate from my end as I have the same issue?

Thank you

New Contributor

Hello,

I have the same issue.

But for inexplicable reason, it works for few Androids.

Can you please also share the MS ticket in order to escalate on my own?

Regards,

Blaise D.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: