Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Licensing

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Licensing

MVP
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 04:14 PM

Simple question, whats the difference between perpetual and subscription licensing? I would like to quote a customer for licensing for ClearPass, but I want to make sure they have the correct license type.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Licensing
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 05:24 PM

The perpetual licenses NEVER expire.  They act like AP or PEF licenses on the controller.

The subscription licenses DO expire after 1,3, or 5 years.  These liceses (unlike the perpetual) DO INCLUDE support.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Licensing

MVP
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 05:27 PM

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Licensing

Posted Nov 24, 2017 05:54 AM
    HI, If the perpetual license wont expire, then what is the meaning of 1 yr, 3yrs or 5yrs perpetual licenses.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Licensing

Posted May 29, 2018 04:40 AM

Hi SethFiermonti,

I know this is an older entry, but since the Perpetual Licenses are available in ClearpassNL as well, I need to ask more in depth. Perpetual means this License never expires, thats clear. And it's also clear to me, that the Subscription License includes Support. But which kind of Support?  I mean, if you buy the AccessLicense as Perpetual it's much cheaper. Ok, then I need a Carepack, but this also much cheeper with 5Y FC NBD then a 5Y subscribtion License. So, what ist the difference between a Perpetual with 5Y FC NBD and 5Y Subscribtion License? No Major Release Updates?

regards

Markus

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Licensing

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:27 AM

Hi Guys,

let me answer this by myself. I asked a hpe aruba clearpass productmanager at the EMEA atmosphere. The simple Answer ist. There ist no difference between subscription land perpetual licenses regardig the Support Services. The Subsciption License seems to be the best decision if your customer just want the 1Y Support. For 3 an 5Y Support the Perpetual seems to be the best decision. So Look at my litlle Example for Customer with 500 Access, 100 Onboard and 100 Onguard Licenses.

Perpetual vs. Subsciption.png

Hope this will help some of you.

regards