Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

ClearPass MPSK Form Options

I'm playing with the new MPSK feature in 6.8 and have run up against a few inconveniences.

I see under MSPK configuration...

Device Wi-Fi passwords are sent via email receipts and valid SMTP server settings must be provided.

Is there a way to change this so users can set the MPSK when creating the device or view the MPSK in the GUI Receipt? I've added mpsk and mpsk_enable fields to my mac_create and mac_trac_create forms, but that doesn't help any.

I've also added them to Manage Devices, and it shows a PSK has been generated but does not display it. 

mac_list.jpg

My end goal was to have a Self-Service Portal where guest users could see their own devices and PSKs and easily add new devices or change PSKs.

Re: ClearPass MPSK Form Options

Is there a way to change this so users can  ....  view the MPSK in the GUI Receipt? 

Figured this part out. Just had to add the MPSK field to the receipt forms.

mac_create_receipt.jpg

MVP
MVP

Iam also testing the new WPA2-MPSK feature. Works perfect.

One thing i try to reach is the import/export feature include the WPA2 keys. When use the MPSK field in it it doesnt work in the import/export.

I want to bulk upload mac-adresses with the MPKS key from another wlan environment. So i mean without the use of auto generate new keys.

Also when add the field MPKS it dont shows the passwords, how can i make them visable?

Capture.JPG

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.
MVP
MVP

Anybody?
Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

I've found a way to import MPSK.

You need to add two fields to your spreadsheet: mpsk and mpsk_enable

mpsk spreadsheet.jpg

You'll see that they both come in as auto-detected fields for "Wi-Fi Password"

mpsk import.jpg

I can make the PSK show in the receipts; however, I still cannot make them visible in the "Manage Device" list, nor can I manually set them within Guest.  

MVP Expert

@mkk wrote:
Anybody?

May be i will be also with API...

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
Guru Elite

Would you show a user’s AD password in a list like that? This is a network credential and is not visible in bulk form.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Understood.

But I would expect a user to be able to define their own PSK (vs. having to randomly generate or import a spreadsheet), and I've yet to find a way to do this.

Guru Elite

MPSKs are only generated automatically using the generator functions.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Thank you for this post. Its been helpful , I added a few more fields here is something I put together. Hope its useful.

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 9.45.39 PM.png

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: