Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass + Mikrotik AP

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  ClearPass + Mikrotik AP

Posted Mar 15, 2013 11:49 AM

Hi,

Currently, I am using Aruba IAP 105 with ClearPass Guest Self-Registration. It works fine but now my boss asked me to do the same with Mikrotik.

The problem is that I don't know how to configure the Service for this kind of model. I think I need to create a rule like :

Radius:Mikrotik????EQUALSName of the SSID

Anyone has already try to do this ? Or any suggestion ?

Thanks

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: ClearPass + Mikrotik AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2013 02:02 PM

What kind of service are you trying to configure? I seriously doubt there's many people here with experience with Mikrotik but I guess it should work with the usual RADIUS:IETF dictionary...

In any case my recommendation would be to create a "test" service that would accept any kind of RADIUS request. Once you've done that, try an authentication. The auth should then appear in the access tracker and there you will be able to see what RADIUS parameters the AP is sending. When you get that info it will be much easier to configure your service.

Have a nice weekend

• 3.  RE: ClearPass + Mikrotik AP

Posted Mar 18, 2013 03:04 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this information, I will try to make a "test" service and then give feedback.

Dimitri

• 4.  RE: ClearPass + Mikrotik AP

Posted Mar 18, 2013 04:29 AM

Some more information.

I am trying to configure a service for the Guest Self-Registration. I don't know how to configure the service, espacially the Service Rule.

Now I have :

1.Radius:IETFCalling-Station-Id

EXISTS

What can I add more ?

Currently, I can access the Guest Self-Registration form but when I am loggin, it stops on the page https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/login and the error message is : Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

How does work this page ?

Thanks

Dimitri

• 5.  RE: ClearPass + Mikrotik AP

Posted Mar 21, 2013 12:06 PM

It looks like there is no access form the Mikrotik AP in CPPM. Still working on this, if anyone has an idea.

Dimitri