Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

ClearPass OnBoarding - Captive Web Portal Issues (Walled Garden?)

Hi all,

Two questions, the first being more pressing than the other.

I have a ClearPass setup with Aruba IAP's in Central. This configuration was working for the most part back in December. I am still in pilot and development phase for this project, but I had this working. Today, 1/29, I am running into a new issue.

1)I am suddenly unable to grab the QuickConnect app via the Play Store when going through the onboarding process. My walled garden looks like:

android.clients.google.com

*.googleapis.com

*.gvt1.com

*.ggpht.com

*.googleusercontent.com

*.gstatic.com

clients.l.google.com

accounts.google.com

accounts.youtube.com

connectivitycheck.android.com

connectivitycheck.gstatic.com

www.google.com

However, the play store won't load.

My second question, which is more of an asking for advice:

2) Is there a way to avoid the Mini-Browser in Android? It does not support launching external apps so it cannot download QuickConnect via the Play Store, and I have to direct users to use the "Open In Browser" option. How can I avoid this?

Your help is appreciated.

Nick

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass OnBoarding - Captive Web Portal Issues (Walled Garden?)

Follow this and both problems should be solved.

https://github.com/aruba/clearpass-cloud-service-whitelists/blob/master/onboard/onboard_android.md

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

I used your GitHub to create my walled garden, even going so far as deleting and re-entering all of the entries this morning. I am still experiencing the issue.

Guru Elite

I would work with Aruba TAC to troubleshoot.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: