Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass OnGuard Agent and Antivirus Disabled

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ClearPass OnGuard Agent and Antivirus Disabled

Posted May 28, 2014 05:14 PM

Hi,

I am new to Clearpass facing few issues. I configured ClearPass Posture setting to check health of system facing following issue.

1. Once we disable antivirus on system, still Agent showing System is healthy untill we uninstall antivirus. kindly let me know how to let agent to check whether antivirus is disable or enable.

2. In Clearpass 6.3, I am not able to find Agent Portal to let user to download Agent, if they didn't have it. How to solve this Agent Portal issue, what will be the URL for Agent Portal in 6.3.

3. I am trying to url-redirect with Cisco Switch but Cisco is not passing URL to System. How to troubleshoot it and solve it.

Regards,

Atif.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Agent and Antivirus Disabled

Posted May 28, 2014 05:50 PM

1. Once we disable antivirus on system, still Agent showing System is healthy untill we uninstall antivirus. kindly let me know how to let agent to check whether antivirus is disable or enable.

Enable this :

Untitled.png

2. In Clearpass 6.3, I am not able to find Agent Portal to let user to download Agent, if they didn't have it. How to solve this Agent Portal issue, what will be the URL for Agent Portal in 6.3.

2014-05-28 17_46_21-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

3. I am trying to url-redirect with Cisco Switch but Cisco is not passing URL to System. How to troubleshoot it and solve it.

How are you applying this in the enforcement profile ?

In the enforcement profile you should do the following :

url-redirect=https://redirect_url

ip access-list extended Onguard_ACL
     deny   tcp any host <CPPM IP>
     permit tcp any any

• 3.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Agent and Antivirus Disabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2014 08:00 AM

Like Victor said above, we show you links to the agent with URLs on that page.  You can simply create a html page on Clearpass or elsewhere and use these links to download the agent

• 4.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Agent and Antivirus Disabled

Posted May 29, 2014 05:32 PM
    Thanks both of you for your help. I am able to solve my first two issues.
    For 3rd issue i saw one post in that user solve the issue my upgrading Cisco IOS to 15.5, I have IOS 15.0. I am trying to upgrade it and will check and also I am seeing url in output of command "show authemtication session interface" but some how it is not passing to system.

I have one more query:
    Is there possibility to triger recheck of onguard agent health of system on realtime means once we disable antivirus on the spot onguard check health and put system in Quarantine VLAN because in my case agent recheck health almost after one minute of disabling of antivirus.

Regards,
    Atif.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Agent and Antivirus Disabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2014 06:11 PM
    You would create a rule in your OnGuard Web Auth service that does a CoA if the clients health status is UNHEALTHY or UNKNOWN. Then you would create a rule in your client authentication service that checks for the UNHEALTHY or UNKNOWN status and assign a quarantine configuration/VLAN.

Sent from Surface Pro

• 6.  RE: ClearPass OnGuard Agent and Antivirus Disabled

Posted May 29, 2014 06:28 PM
    I have already configured both services as you suggested and i have no issue with it. i have issue with time agent re-evaluate the system health. is it possible to decrease to make it realtime as we change system setting onguard agent re-evaluate it on the spot, not to delay re-evaluation for one minute and made decision according to policy