Security

Aruba Employee

ClearPass Policy Manager 6.8 Releases

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of ClearPass Policy Manager 6.8.0!  In addition to bug fixes, this release also includes several new features that our Engineering and QA team have worked tirelessly to include:

New Entry and Access Upgrade licenses

Why is this interesting? Allows customers to purchase a sub-set of ClearPass Policy Manager’s Access licensed functionality at a reduced price point.  These licenses do not allow use of TACACS+, profiling (including OnGuard licenses or integration with ClearPass Device Insight), or the use of 3rd party integrations such as Ingress Event Engine or Context Server Actions.  Customers who later change their mind may purchase the Access Upgrade licenses to upgrade from Entry licenses to Access license functionality.

Aruba Multi Pre-Shared Key (MPSK) Support

Why is this interesting? IoT devices typically fall into a category known as headless-devices that are unable to support advanced network security functionality such as 802.1X.  Aruba MPSK helps to overcome that lack of network security by generating a unique WPA2-Personal passphrase for each device. Leveraging the existing Device Registration capabilities, this release adds support for MPSK generation and management (supported with Entry or Access, no Onboard required) so that end users can create keys on their own without IT involvement. MPSK does not replace secure authentication methods like EAP-TLS for standard end-user devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones. MPSK is supported with AOS 8.4 Mobility Controllers and Instant.

Support for WPA3-Enterprise (CNSA mode) Systems

Why is this interesting? High security customers using Suite-B configured supplicants may use WPA3 with CNSA mode enabled to ensure compliance with their security policy.

RadSec (RADIUS/TLS)

Why is this interesting? Allows customers the ability to deploy RadSec using NAD-to-ClearPass Policy Manager and/or ClearPass Policy Manager-to-remote proxy using the RADIUS over TLS (RadSec) protocol that was initially released with limited functionality in 6.7.4.  This provides full compatibility of the service and expanded features.

Agentless OnGuard

Why is this interesting? Allows customers with domain-joined managed Windows endpoints the functionality of OnGuard without the need for end user intervention to deploy and manage endpoint agents. 

Dual stack (IPv4 & IPv6) end device support for PostAuth v2

Why is this interesting? Allows customers with IPv4 and IPv6 end device networks to select which IP address version(s) to use in post authentication events to partners such as Palo Alto or our own solutions like IntroSpect.

Galleria 2.0 updates

Why is this interesting? Updates the popular Galleria skin to support modern 2019 features such as gif support and updated images

Several new/updated APIs

Why is this interesting? Allows external access through RESTAPI access to several ClearPass Policy Manager functions. This release in particular completes the Certificate API.

As always, please take note of the ‘Changes of Behaviors’ section of the release notes (https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.8.0/Default.htm).

The update images have been posted to the legacy Aruba support site (Aruba Support site) and the ClearPass webservices software updates portal.  Posting to MNP and ASP will complete shortly.

A big thanks and congratulations to the ClearPass Engineering, ClearPass QA and TechPubs teams for reaching this milestone!

Best regards,

The ClearPass Team

Frequent Contributor I

Re: ClearPass Policy Manager 6.8 Releases

Is it any webinar presenting the news in the new release planned?

Best Regards
Jonas Hammarbäck | Aranya AB
Network Architect, ACMA, ACMP, ACCP
Occasional Contributor II

Hi ,

There are no 6.8v files available on the legacy support site .

Please provide more info on the new access licences ,

what will happen to the old 6.7 access licence ? 

Please confirm that the old guest api is still exist. 

Regards , 

Shay

Guru Elite

The update is slowly rolling out. It can take some time to appear globally.

Please create individual threads for specific product questions.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP
MVP

Hi Tim,

When comes the download available on the legacy support site? Its stil not there. I can see the files availiable in ASP (locked) but my account cant be migrate from MNP to ASP at this moment.

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.
Highlighted
Guru Elite

It's there.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=33713

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP
MVP

Sorry didnt work. A critical error has occurred. You don't appear to have permission to see this item. Please check your login status.

MVP
MVP

After create a trial license i was enable to download the images from HPE My Network Portal under "My Software".

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/ProductsList.aspx

Frequent Contributor I

I don not see it on the download site yet, is there a link availble with release notes?

Never mind: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CP_ReleaseNotes_6.8.0/Default.htm

----------Aruba ACCX #748, ACDX #758, ACMP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE----------
Feel free to give kudos or accept as a solution!
Aruba Employee

All ~

Some of you noticed that you were only able to download the 6.8.0 files manually (the permission problem on the legacy support site was recently resolved), but that your ClearPass Policy Manager appliances were unable to find them. This is because we temporarily suspended the automatic downloads after some customers reported a problem with the upgrade not being completing the download before allowing you to attempt to install. This left a partial download on your appliance that then required TAC aid to resolve.

To resolve the download issue we have release a new patch:
ClearPass 6.8.0 Upgrade Preparation Patch for Software Updates Portal Downloads

This patch must be installed prior to being able to download the 6.8.0 upgrade package when using the automated Software Updates capabilities. Manual package are not impacted by this change and do NOT require this patch.

Best regards,
The ClearPass Team
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: