Security

Occasional Contributor II

ClearPass Policy Manager Web UI not accessible on network

I have installed CPPM6.6 ova on esxi6.5 for my lab. The installation is successful and I am able to the appadmin account from the esxi console.The CPPM has I.P 10.26.60.13/27 while the ESXi host has I.P 10.26.60.10/27. When I am trying to access the ESXi host from my LAN segment i.e 10.20.208.197/22 the host is accessible fine, but the CPPM isn't accessible fromthis segment. Neither the web UI is accessible nor the SSH or ping.

I used the ESXi console of CPPM to ping my laptop's I.P but it cannot go through and shows the error- Network is unreachable.(ScreenShot attached)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: ClearPass Policy Manager Web UI not accessible on network

Can you post the IP configuration of the CPPM host?

cppm_ip.PNGcppm: show ip

Hi, Please find the required details in the attached screenshots.

P.S- I just came across the fact that WebUI shows the data port gateway is configured(10.26.60.1) while chile shows it is not configured.

The MGMT interface is Mandator for ClearPass. I see no gateway is assigned to the MGMT interface.

If you prefer to use one interface, then you should configure MGMT interface with the IP 10.26.60.13/27, otherwise configure the MGMT with a valid IP and gateway and then check the status of DATA interface config.

Please update the ip address from the console or SSH.

#configure ip <mgmt|data> <ipaddress> netmask <netmask address> gateway <gateway address>

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

What is the purpose of two different ports? I thought that management port would come in handy for a physical appliance to directly access it thorugh management port in case of a network outage.

Guru Elite

No, it’s not an out of band management port. It is the primary interface.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Then what is the purpose of data port?

DATA port is optional.

Ex: You can use the DATA port  (in DMZ) when you do not want to expose the MGMT port.

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: