Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Policy Manager infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy for auth & accounting

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Policy Manager infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy for auth & accounting

Posted Oct 28, 2012 08:45 AM

Hi Guys,

I'am trying to configure ClearPass Policy Manager to work  infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy  for auth & accounting.

Can someone please send me a config guide/vrd or an example on how to configure it right.

I need to enable the client the ability to give service by quta of bandwith to his clients..and today he is working with Amdocs Radius system.

please advise.

Thanks in advance

Me.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy for auth & accounting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2012 08:57 AM

Go to Configuration> Network> Proxy Target and Configure an entry for the downstream Radius Server.

Next Create a New Service of Type Radius Proxy:  Go to Configuration> Services and Add Service.  Change the Service type to Radius Proxy.  In the Proxy Targets tab make sure you select your Radius Proxy server above and enable the accounting checkbox.  Of course, you have to create the parameters for the service rule for the type of traffic you want to be handled by the Radius Proxy Service.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy for auth & accounting

Posted Oct 28, 2012 09:02 AM

Thanks on the info,But afterwards when im trying to check auth in front of the radius (the clearpass itslef) i'am getting nothing.

please advise.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy for auth & accounting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2012 12:11 PM

Please explain your setup in detail and what you are trying to do.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy for auth & accounting

MVP
    Posted Oct 29, 2012 02:28 PM

Are you trying to:

1. Set up ClearPass Poplicy Manager as a NODE fed by a third-party RADIUS proxy, 

2. Set up ClearPass Policy manager AS a RADIUS proxy

or

3. Both?

I have CPPM set up with 2 CPPM proxies & 2 modes. The proxies are set up lto load balance across the nodes. There are two proxies for redundancy.

Until we understand your goals, it is difficult to offer a solution. The Proxy targets are used for nodes when CPPM is set up AS the proxy server.

The nodes need the proxy servers set up as devices. The controllers & switches are set up as devices on the proxy servers. The clients only see the nodes and the switches/controlers only see the proxy servers.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Policy Manager infront of an Extranl Radius Proxy for auth & accounting

Posted Nov 03, 2012 06:34 PM

Yes - u understood me right.

can u please send me a config example.

thanks in advance.

Me