Security

Highlighted

Re: ClearPass Portal URL

We don’t unfortunately. This isn’t unique to ClearPass so we don’t explicitly document it.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Highlighted
Contributor II

Ok, thanks.  So we get A records corrected if needed and then we have no option but forward to the FQDN of server for the portal?  I believe the DNS is correct but will verify with Aruba to be sure.  What CNAME would you suggest we use for this to work?

Highlighted

Add a new web login page with a blank skin. Check Provide a custom login form.

Remove all text from Header and Footer and add the following, replacing the appropriate values:

{if $smarty.server.SSL_TLS_SNI == 'devicereg.millsaps.edu'}
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=https://clearpass.millsaps.edu/guest/mac_create.php">
{else}
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://www.millsaps.edu">
{/if}

Then in Policy Manager, set that web login to be the landing page (Administration > ClearPass Portal)

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

Highlighted
Contributor II

Tim - thanks for the HTML redirect.  Got it in there but not showing up as an option in ClearPass portal landing page.

Highlighted

Make sure you choose Guest Portal.

Highlighted
Contributor II

THANK YOU!  Guess until we get the entire process worked out with Aruba we will go  with this.  Currently we use Netreg so a student joins campus SSID their 802 device is added automatically to Netreg and counts again their 5 device limit.  The students can add other devices (non 802 like Roku, gaming, etc.) up to 5 devices.  aruba is telling us we cannot add the 802 device automatically after joining SSID.  Student would have to look up MAC on iphone,etc and add manually.  So plan is student joins SSID and then goes to captive portal to register only those devices that do not support 802 like Roku.  Once device is registered in portal, student goes to anew SSID (BYOD) and joins giving them internet access on their non-802 devices.   Does this sound like the only option to you at this time?

Highlighted

Put the users into a captive portal role when they first connect and redirect them to the device registration portal (mac_create). The MAC address will be auto-filled and the student can register it.

Highlighted
Contributor II

See, this is what I asked the Aruba tech for the past 3 weeks and kept getting it would not work. Then my rep stepped in and said we would need to pay to get this project completed. It has been a very frustrating experience to say the least. The airhead post was my last hope. Can you direct me to something that can help me with what you suggest because it sounds like what we need. Cannot thank you enough

David A. Mattox
Manager of Systems Operations
Millsaps College
Direct (601) 974-1149
@MillsapsITS
Highlighted
Contributor II

Does anyone have a white paper or URL I can review to do this?

"Put the users into a captive portal role when they first connect and redirect them to the device registration portal (mac_create). The MAC address will be auto-filled and the student can register it."

Highlighted
Contributor II

Aruba support was able to make it so users join SSID and then auto-redirected to captive portal page.  They even made it pre-fill with the mac of the 802.11 device.  Two issues they did not fix - aafter device is registered the user cannot access internet.  Keep redirecting them back to portal page.  Secondly, if device is already registered we do not want you to have to register it again.  Just access internet.  Suggestions?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: