Security

Occasional Contributor I

Re: ClearPass QuickConnect: network config 'installation failed' on Adroid

I have a few more users reporting this issue. This time there are different handsets:

Handset                                         Android OS

LENOVO P70-A                            4.4.4

Xiaomi MI1S                                  4.3JLS36C

Samsung Galaxy J7                      6.0.1

Highlighted
Guru Elite

You should re-open the case and send the logs from the failed devices to see if they can figure out the issue.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

@cjoseph wrote:

You should re-open the case and send the logs from the failed devices to see if they can figure out the issue.

I am an user who cannot connect to our Company Aruba wifi which I would only use for my personal needs. I have never created support case, thus I cannot reopen it (Another person in this topic did)...

As a user, it seems that I cannot create the official suport case. I guess that I would need to contact our IT for that? Well, our Coorporation's IT  Help Desk is located at another continent, but I can try to ask our Local Techs.

Regarding 'LOGS' you asked, do you mean the ones saved on my phone or something that our IT can access?

Is there any other information you will need?

Thank you for clarifying this.

Occasional Contributor I

I worked extensively on this issue and figured that in order to fix this issue on your device you should firstly try installing Mozilla Firefox on your handset and follow the provisioning process from there. In case it still fails, the only option is to "factory reset" the phone and try again and it will work fine (well most likely). Most of the devices that were having problems were fixed by following the registration process from Firefox. I am still working with Aruba TAC as this seems to be an application issue where it fails to register MIME types in native and Chrome browsers under certain circumstances.

New Contributor

tsvirk@bechtel.com wrote:

...fixed by following the registration process from Firefox.

Thanks so much - that just worked!
Occasional Contributor I

Hi

We experience the same issue with Android 6 and Chrome.

Indeed, using Firefox is a bypass, not a solution. I can easily simulate this problem
Is there any final solution for this?

Guru Elite

ClearPass Engineering is working on an update to QuickConnect to address the
changes in the latest version of Chrome.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Regular Contributor I

Thanks Cappalli

Can you please make sure to share this with your Support teams? I had a customer who just spent 3 hours on a call with support and was not able to come up with a solution. They called me and i just found this post.

Is there any ETA when a fix might be available?

Thanks,

ELiasz

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Guru Elite

Sorry for that Eliasz.

The fix is currently undergoing QA testing but I don't have an exact release date. I will definitely update these threads.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Guru Elite

The updated QuickConnect app (version 1.0.88680) is now available on the Google Play store. Thank you for your patience.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: