Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Self Sponsor

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Jul 31, 2019 03:24 PM

Hi All,

I have just configured CPPM guest with self-sponsor meaning the users have to validate their email within 10 minutes then they get one day of access.  

The way their access is updated is in the self-registration page setting the value 1d in Extend Expiration section.

How would I configure certain email domains to get 30 days of access on CPPM and a different role set on them?

Please can advise

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Jul 31, 2019 10:34 PM

How did you end up configuring this free 10m access etended to 1 day? I do a similar thing but am having issues with enforcing the 10m. Trying to do a session-timeout but I can't get the disconnect to work right. Sorry to piggyback your question, don't have answer for your question.

Did you follow any sort of guide?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Aug 01, 2019 04:18 PM
      |   view attached

Please see the attached guide that I was using to configure this. 

Hope this helps for you.

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Sep 10, 2019 02:27 PM

I had issue getting the disconnect to work where if the user confirmed their account, when the 5m went by, they kept getting sent back to the pre-auth role instead of being kept in the authenticated role.

Did you run into this issue?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Oct 02, 2019 04:20 AM

I didn't run into this specific issue.

You need to make sure the guest account gets updated otherwise it will get disconnected after 5 mins. 

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Oct 02, 2019 10:23 AM

I ended up getting it working. The guide is pretty good but is missing a few things. Great workflow though.

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Oct 02, 2019 12:18 PM

Glad that you got it working. If you could please let me know what things are missing from the guide just in case I have the same issues in the future?

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Self Sponsor

Posted Oct 02, 2019 12:37 PM

I just realized that I used a different guide to achieve the same thing. I had trouble getting yours to work. I used this guide:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-configure-self-sponsored-guest-access-with-5-minutes-of/ta-p/348126

However, that guide is not really clear about the MAC caching service and the profile configuration.