Security

This community is currently in a read-only state due to a maintenance window. For more info click here
Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: ClearPass Sponsored Guest - Set Only One Sponsor Email

Ok, another update...if anyone is listening. We can't use the LDAP feature. Our AD accounts are not the same as our email addresses and our email is hosted by gmail, so no luck there. So we're back again to the suggestion in this thread that doesn't work. Aruba tried this validator as well in their test lab and could not get it to work as well. They say this validator is only for the entire domain, not a single email account. They are going to take this issue back to their lab and hopefully come up with something, but I can't believe this is a rare or odd request, to be able to define and control who our sponsors are. It's bizarre to me that anyone can be the sponsor. We can't have that. Is there anyone else out there that can assist us with this. Been on this all week and many hours and ready to find a solution. If there's a tweak to this validator to make this work that would be great. Thanks anyone for your help.

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

From what i can gather here: http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/CPGuest_UG_HTML_6.5/Content/Reference/FormFieldValidationFunctions.htm

This field only checks the domain portion of the email address, not the full address.

If you are looking for a specific string to be entered there, why even use the 'isValidEmail' validator? Why not use 'isEqual', 'isIdentical' or 'isRegexMatch' and then in the validator field just enter the specific email address you watch to match against?

Edit: This worked in my lab. If i set the sponsor_email field validator to 'isEqual' and Validator param to (none). Then in the argument i put 'username@domain.com' if i put anything other than "username@domain.com" in the sponsor email during registration it spits out 'please enter a valid email address'. Only thing is it is case sensitive. YOu could fix that by using regex, but I'm not going to test that now :)

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Highlighted
Contributor I

Thank you for your response! Can you send me the exact argument you used? Thank you.

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Login to ClearPass Guest

Browse to Configuration > Pages> Guest Self-Registartion

Select your self reg page > Edit

Under Register Page click Form

Select Sponsor Email click Edit

Set the following:

Validator: "isEqual"
Validator Param: "(None)"
Validator Argument: username@domain.com

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Highlighted
Contributor I

Ok, thank you. I didn't realize it was as simple as just adding the actual address itself. I thought it might be some script or other argument. Do you know if you can add multiple addresses? Like if we wanted two or more sponsors for backup? Thanks.

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Check out the doument i linked. There is an option 'isArrayValue' which lets you setup a list of values to match against. However I am not sure the exact syntax for that

My guest would be something like

array(

'email1@domain.com',

'email2@domain.com,

)

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Highlighted
Contributor I

Thanks for your help. It seems that should work, especially by looking at the document you sent me, but it's not. I'm typing the argument as they have listed in the example. We're close. You got me to where I can at least limit it to one sponsor but optimally I would like to have at least two. Thanks again.

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Here is the syntax for an array which works for me

array (
  0 => 'email1@domain.com',
  1 => 'email2@domain.com',
)

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor I

THAT WORKED!! Thank you for taking the time to work with me on this!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm using this syntax and still got error :

Validator: isValidEmail

Validator Param: (none)

Validator Argument:
array (
  'allow' =>
  array (
    0 => 'user1@domain.com',
    1 => 'user2@domain.com',