Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Sponsorship Confirmation Page - With Selectable Role/Expiration

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Sponsorship Confirmation Page - With Selectable Role/Expiration

Posted Sep 11, 2018 01:56 PM

Hi airheads,

I am implementing a Sponsorship workflow and the customer wants the sponsor to - when going to the confirmation page - be able to select the role or expiration timeout of the account they are sponsoring.  A simple drop-down selection with a default value should work.

I've looked through CP:Guest for that confirmation page but cannot find it... I assume it is auto-generated for the guest-selfregistration workflow.

How would you make this happen?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Sponsorship Confirmation Page - With Selectable Role/Expiration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 05:26 AM

Hi,

You can override the role with sponsor approval, but cannot have a drop down to select the role. 

Expiration time is possible with the drop down.

Check the available options under Guest Self-Registration page >> Edit >> Sponsor Confirmation >> Account Overrides (Role Override and Extend Expiration).

extend_expiration.jpg

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Sponsorship Confirmation Page - With Selectable Role/Expiration

Posted Sep 12, 2018 11:59 AM

Saravanan,

Perfect!  That is basically what I was looking for!

It would be nice to be able to select from multiple roles, but I suppose that more in-depth role changes should be handled by the Guest Receptionist or someone with higher privileges.

Again, thank you!

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Sponsorship Confirmation Page - With Selectable Role/Expiration

Posted Sep 12, 2018 03:27 PM

Update:

It looks like in CP Guest 6.7.5.108264 there is an option to Prompt the sponsor to select the Role to apply to the guest.  This option does require the sponsors to provide their credentials to ClearPass to validate they can change the role.

Here is the link to the documentation for this feature:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.7/Guest/Default.htm#Configuration/EditingSponsorConfirmation.htm

I am about to test both options.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Sponsorship Confirmation Page - With Selectable Role/Expiration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2018 06:16 AM

Hi Ryh,

Thank you. I just tested "prompt" in 6.7.5, works well.

Spondor_confirmation.jpg