Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass VIP - Manually fail over

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass VIP - Manually fail over

MVP
    Posted Jul 18, 2016 10:43 AM

Good morning everyone,

I had a customer lose their Publisher and the Subscriber became the active node due to the VIP configuration. The Publisher is back online, and customer wants it to be the active node for the VIP again, does it automatically fail back or do you have to do this manually?

If manually, is there any way to do it without impacting the things using the VIP (Guest access/RADIUS)?

I assume you can delete the configuration and re-add it, but that would caues a bit of an outage, but if that's the only option we can do that if we need to.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass VIP - Manually fail over

Posted Jul 19, 2016 11:44 AM

I believe it depends on what version of ClearPass software you are running.

In older versions, you had to reset the database on the failed publisher and re-add it back to the cluster and then you could make it a publisher. It was a bit of a pain.

In the later versions I believe there was a seemless way of re-creating the cluster once a failed node had recovered but I'm guessing you are not seeing an option to do that.