Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass against Azure AD

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  ClearPass against Azure AD

Posted Jan 30, 2020 12:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could use ClearPass as a RADIUS server with Azure AD over LDAPS as a Authentication source to Authenticate users accounts using the Microsoft VPN client using an L2TP/IPSec connection to a Meraki Firewall.

Thanks,

B

• 2.  RE: ClearPass against Azure AD
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 12:49 PM

Azure AD is not an LDAP server. Only certificate-based authentication is possible with cloud identity providers.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass against Azure AD

Posted Jan 30, 2020 01:01 PM

Just to be clear, although the Azure AD is exposed over LDAPs and can be queried for attributes there is no way to use it as the authentication source alone.

b

• 4.  RE: ClearPass against Azure AD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 02:03 PM

Azure AD is not an LDAP server and does not have an LDAPS interface.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass against Azure AD

Posted Jan 30, 2020 04:10 PM

Sorry gang more detail as I seem to be mixing terms. The directory is an Azure AD DS that has been exposed via LDAPS to a Clearpass server. Can that be used as a authentication source for VPN users? RIght now it is just used to verify that a user account is valid and to provide a list of "Groups" for role derviation.